Chief of Police
Deputy Commanding Officer
Deputy Mayor Stephen Lam
Trustee Lawrence Farkas
Dr. Scott Coyne
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the Village of Lake Success Police Department Home Page. As Chief of Police, I am privileged to work alongside the great men and women of the Lake Success Police Department. The Members of the Department provide the highest level of safety and police services to the residents of this Village. We pride ourselves on being a community oriented agency with a cooperative working relationship between police officers and the people we serve. The community's support, confidence and engagement are essential to our continued success as a policing agency. It is our goal to maintain a proactive approach to resolve all public safety concerns that may arise and reduce fear in the community through prevention of crime. As Chief of Police, I am confident the Lake Success Police Department will continue to strive for excellence to achieve our objectives, working in partnership with the community and local government.
Mission StatementOur mission is to serve the citizens of Lake Success and to provide safety and an improved quality of life in our community through excellence in policing.
Members of the Department shall do their utmost to preserve the rights of citizens and reduce fear in the community through the prevention of crime, protection of persons, property, and the maintenance of order in public places.
It is essential for all members to understand that in the execution of their duties they act not for themselves, but for the public good, and that they do so with fairness, integrity, fidelity, zeal, and sound judgment. Members must also remain committed to excellence in service, personal performance and professionalism, and should always treat each other with fairness, loyalty, and respect.
The mission of the Lake Success Police Department is to provide excellent law enforcement services to the residents and the many visitors that enter and work in our community on a daily basis. While the amount of crime in our Village is low, we know that it takes both the efforts of the Police Department and the cooperation of our residents to maintain this level of security.
I am committed to continuously improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the Department. This can only be achieved by maintaining open lines of communication and building strong community partnerships. We work closely with the Mayor and the Board of Trustees to improve quality of life issues throughout the village.
While there are many steps that the police follow to prevent and investigate crimes, there are many things you can do to help protect yourself, your neighbor and your property. By reporting suspicious activity and making small changes in actions to prevent burglaries, residents can help minimize crime in our community.
Here are a few simple steps you can take to help the police and protect yourself:
- If you have an alarm system, make sure it is in working order and use it, even when you are home. Place signs around your home to alert others that your property is protected by an alarm system. Make sure your system monitors both burglary and fire.
- If you do not have a security system we highly recommend installing one. Although central station monitoring companies are good, The Lake Success Police Department has the capability of acting as a monitoring center for your alarm directly at our police dispatch desk. For more info on this you can call the police desk at 516-482-4600.
- If you are going to be away from home for an extended length of time stop all deliveries or ask a trusted friend or neighbor to collect them for you. Put lights on timers to give the appearance that someone is home. vBefore you leave, phone the Lake Success Police Department and request to be put on the vacant house list. Patrol officers will be aware of the vacancy and check your property for any unusual activity.
- Make sure all valuables are hidden in a secure place and not stored in the master bedroom. If a burglar has any time at all that is the first place he will look.
- Lock your vehicle in your driveway and do not leave any valuables in plain view.
- Report any suspicious activity immediately to the police. If you think it's suspicious it's important to us.
- If you notice any suspicious vehicles, get a description and license plate when possible. If the vehicle leaves, report the direction it was traveling.
- Report any unusual noises you hear in your neighborhood such as glass breaking or a loud banging noise.
If you need to contact the police for general business call 516-482-4600.
For an emergency situation dial 911 and you will be connected directly to our dispatch desk.
In closing, please remember that the Lake Success Police Department is here to protect and serve the community. With your assistance we can continue to ensure that Lake Success remains a great place to live, work and visit. Respectfully,
Chief of Police