You can now pay Fitness Center fees online...
(only annual membership fees can be paid online. Class fees are paid directly to Sam Balooch d.b.a. SB Fitness)
When paying online, your fitness club membership is NOT active
until your application is submitted to the Village Office.
|Resident 2018 Application||2018 Non-Resident Application||Rules & Regs|
|INSTRUCTOR||DAY||TYPE OF CLASS
||DESCRIPTION OF CLASS
||TONING WITH LIGHT
WEIGHTS & MAT PILATES
||STRENGTH & TONING TOTAL BODY
||PILATES TOTAL BODY
||FUSION OF TUESDAY &THURSDAY CLASS IN ONE
***ALL CLASSES ARE PAY AS YOU GO, $20 PER CLASS***
***SPIN CLASSES ARE FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, 9 BIKES AVAILABLE***
Are you tired of waking up saying you are going to eat right, exercise, or accomplish some other goal you keep "thinking about" only to go back to bed at night saying "oh well, TOMORROW"? Don't let that happen anymore - take charge of your life.
So many people I speak to regularly are so incredibly frustrated with their eating habits, exercise habits, not happy with their bodies, but THEY are the THING that stands in their way of achieving their own goals.
I CAN IDENTIFY because that used to be me.
How do you lose weight successfully? Change your not so great habits into healthy ones? One day at a time. Focus on "What can I do TODAY that can help me get one step closer towards my goal?" If you don't know how to do something, don't be afraid to ask! :)
It's the little things that make a huge difference. Sometimes it's really hard, but the more we practice healthy habits, the easier they are to maintain.
We are in the beginning of holiday season where many people start to rationalize why it's ok to eat way more than they normally do not keeping their goals in sight. It's ok to celebrate but it's also ok to do it in moderation and not compromise the healthy lifestyle you've worked so hard for. While some people can keep it to that day only, the majority have reported all the months adding up and suddenly 10 pounds later saying HOW did I get here? Then New Years comes and we make unattainable "resolutions" and set ourselves up for failure, and this happens year after year...
If you have recently lost weight and are in new clothing sizes, it's not a reward to treat yourself by piling on the calories - it's a reward to keep on eating the way you've been eating to lose the weight, maintain that body that you've worked so hard to get (regular exercise), and feeling really great about all that you've accomplished.
Set a goal and make it happen - but never let anything get in the way of you happiness and success - you've earned it!
CERTIFIED PERSONAL TRAINER
Lake Success Fitness
ALL MEMBERS OF THE FITNESS CENTER MUST OBTAIN AN ACCESS I.D. CARD AT THE
VILLAGE OFFICE & THE SAME ACCESS CARD IS REQUIRED TO RENEW MEMBERSHIP.
Electronic access cards will not be issued to members who are 14 and 15
years old in order to ensure that they are being accompanied by a parent
No other ID card will grant Members electronic access.
THE USE OF THE FITNESS CENTER IS FOR QUALIFIED RESIDENTS AND NON-RESIDENT GOLFERS
Members of the fitness center must comply with ALL RULES stated herein and posted at the Fitness Center room. Members should be familiar with these rules. The Village may amend rules, as required, for the safe and proper operation of the facility.
Membership runs from January 1 to December 31
(See Application for fees per person)
RESIDENCY: As described in the Lake Success Village Code CHAPTER A116 RECREATION FACILITIES, USE OF � A116-1 Purpose; � A116-2 Criteria for determining residency and � A116-4 General restrictions; appeals. A copy of this section of the code can be found here...
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Application for Membership along with the Waiver & Release Form must be completed for all members. A photo for your ID card may be obtained at the Village Office or members may provide their own photos by emailing a JPEG file to the Village Office at email@example.com. Parents will be required to sign the Waiver & Release Form �As Guardian For� any minor under the age of 18.
ACCESS I.D. CARD: Replacement/Lost I.D. card fee will be $10.00
(Notify Village Office of lost I.D. card immediately so it can be deactivated.)
FITNESS SCHEDULE - Hours of Operation: (Unless posted otherwise)
Monday - 6 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Tuesday - 5:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Wednesday - 5:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Thursday - 5:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Friday - 5:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday - 5:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Sunday - 5:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
FITNESS CENTER PHONE NUMBER: 516-482-4686
LOCKER FACILITIES: Half lockers may be rented on an annual basis (if available). Members are entitled to the use of a half locker while in the Fitness Center only, when available at no charge. Please see a locker room attendant for a designated locker. The Village and its employees are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
ONE-ON-ONE FITNESS TRAINING: Arrangements must be made with the Fitness Center Manager for one-on-one fitness training.
FITNESS CENTER RULES: The fitness center Manager is in charge of the fitness center areas. He is authorized to deny use of the facilities to anyone violating rules. He will report any violations that warrant further action to the House Committee. The Committee is empowered to enforce these rules by suspension of privileges or other appropriate means.
The House Committee with the approval of the Board of Trustees has adopted the following rules. Failure to comply may result in a hearing before the Grievance Committee of the House Committee.
* Members acknowledge that you are physically able to engage in any activity, program, or training provided and agree that all exercises and use of this facility are undertaken at your sole risk. You also agree to accept full responsibility for all personal belongings.
* All members of a household 18 years of age and older must sign the Waiver & Release Form before they are allowed to utilize the Fitness Center. Parents will be required to sign the Waiver & Release Form �As Guardian For� any minor under the age of 18.
* Children under the age of 16 are NOT permitted use of the Fitness Center - Unless working one-on-one with a trainer or parent.
* Children under the age of 16 who are not using the Fitness Center with their parent or trainer are not permitted on the lower level of the building.
* Members are not allowed to bring guests to the Fitness Center.
* Please be courteous and practice the 30 minute cardiovascular machinery limit.
* Please refrain from using cell phones while using the equipment.
* Please DO NOT touch stereo equipment and / or unplug television sets.
* Appropriate athletic shoes only. No golf shoes, street shoes, boots, or sandals are allowed in workout areas.
* Shorts, sweat pants, T-shirts, tank tops, & spandex accessories deemed appropriate by management.
* No belt buckles, blue jeans, or loose jewelry items can be worn in workout areas.
* Allow others to work out during your rest periods.
* Keep hands and feet away from all moving parts and weight stacks.
* DO NOT attempt to repair or adjust any equipment that has malfunctioned.
* Workout towels are provided by the Village and should be used to wipe off equipment and benches after use. Workout towels may not be removed from the fitness center and should be deposited in the bin provided after use. Large towels are for use in the Locker Room ONLY and may not be used in the fitness center or removed from the locker room. Large towels should be deposited in the bins provided in the locker room after use.
* If you are unfamiliar with the use of any equipment, please ask a staff
member for assistance.
* Rack all weights after each use.
* If dumbbells appear loose or cracked, report the item to the staff immediately.
* Always use a spotter when attempting maximum weight
* Water bottles with spill proof lids are allowed in all areas of the center.
Chapter A116, Recreation Facilities, Use Of
[HISTORY: Adopted by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Lake Success 6-21-1971; amended in its entirety 7-26-1976. Subsequent amendments noted where applicable.]
� A116-1. Purpose.
For all purposes relating to use privileges of the recreational facilities of the Village of Lake Success, the following rules and regulations shall apply.
� A116-2. Criteria for determining residency.
A. A resident shall be a person or a member of the household of a person who either owns and occupies or rents and occupies, for not less than the minimum periods provided in �� A116-3 and A116-4, a dwelling in the village.
B. A child of an eligible owner or lessee shall be presumed to be a nonresident if he has a place of residence outside of the village, except one which is maintained by reason of his full-time attendance at a recognized educational institution or his membership in the Armed Forces of the United States or in the Peace Corps or Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA). [Amended 11-18-1985 by L.L. No. 6-1985]
� A116-3. Eligibility of renters for use of recreational facilities. [Amended 3-8-1999 by L.L. No. 1-1999]
A. A person or member of a household of a person who rents a dwelling in the village pursuant to a lease for a period of not less than one year and has established full-time occupancy in the village for at least 60 days shall be entitled to annual privileges. Such annual privilege shall only be valid for the period of residency in the village.
B. A person or member of a household of a person who rents a dwelling in the village for a period of not less than 120 days shall be entitled to daily privileges at village recreational facilities during the term of such periods.
C. Rent or rental, as used above, must include the following: a taking over of the premises by the renter and vacating by the owner and his family and the payment of a fixed amount of rent money for a definite period of time.
D. Annual resident memberships will be restricted to those that actually reside in the village, either owner/landlord or resident/tenant, but not both.
� A116-4. General restrictions; appeals. [Amended 11-18-1985 by L.L. No. 6-1985]
A. Proof of residency shall be required from the person applying for recreational use privileges shall be verified by the Commissions of the recreational facilities.
B. A property owner renting his home in the village and not actually residing in the Village of Lake Success shall not be entitled to any recreational use privileges afforded to a resident during the period of such rental. Where nonresident privileges of recreational facilities are established, the lessor may apply for use privileges as a nonresident.
C. Any person who has been denied use privileges of the village recreational facilities as a nonresident may appeal such denial to the Board of Trustees, whose decision shall be final.
D. Fee and category of membership shall be established by resolution of the Board of Trustees upon recommendation by the Golf Commission.