Parks & Recreation
Trustee Lawrence Farkas (Commissioner)
Trustee Rob Gal (Deputy)
Spyro Dimitratos (Alternate)
Stephen Kanfer (Alternate)
Pool Gate/Director (during season): 516-482-4764
Tennis Pro Xavier Cedeno: 516-982-9331
Recreation Director: VLSrecdirector@optonline.net
Park & Recreation Rules 2019
|2019 Park Commissioner's Letter
|2019 Park Application||Tennis Events|
The Park Commission hopes that everyone is excited about the start of the pool, park and tennis season. Opening day is on Saturday, May 25! The pool will be open Memorial Day weekend from 12 noon-6pm.
Only park members and paid guests may use the tennis courts during the season
which is from May 25-September 2.
We would like to take this opportunity to let you know of the procedure for tennis court use.
THE TENNIS COURTS WILL BE LOCKED.
If you wish to use one of the courts please check in with the tennis attendant stationed at the field or at the pool gate. You will be asked to present a validated park I.D. card and sign-in. All guests and daily members must pay the applicable fees. The attendant will then unlock the court for you. Your I.D. card will be returned when you are finished your playing time.
After pool hours, if a court is locked, keys may be obtained at the police station upon presentation of a park I.D.
We hope that by following these tennis court access procedures everyone can enjoy easy and safe use of our tennis courts.
Have a wonderful season!
The Park Commission meetings are scheduled for the
fourth Wednesday of each month
at 7:30 PM in the Board Room
except as noted.
PARK COMMISSION MEETING DATES
April 15 (Monday)
It is once again that time of year. We are in the process of preparing the Village Park and Pool for another great summer. Our pool will open for the season on May 25, 2019 and will remain open through Labor Day, Sept. 2.
Last year, the Park had almost 1,100 members, which is the highest enrollment in years. We have made, or will be making some improvements since last season which will make the Park and Pool even better.
1. We have a new running track! With a grant that the Village received from New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, under the supervision of Trustee Steve Lam, a new running track was approved and constructed. The track is environmentally friendly and is about .22 of a mile. Try it out! I did, and it was great!!
2. Tennis Courts: The irrigation system was completely upgraded to address certain issues affecting the condition of the courts being too dry in some places and too wet in others. We are confident that these issues will now be resolved.
3. The pool tiles will be re-grouted. No more loose tiles (we hope!).
4. The driveway next to the Pool entrance has been repaved.
Of course, whenever there is construction, there are finishes that must be completed. The Park Commission made the decision to not have softball or soccer leagues use the field until after the summer to let all of the “dust “settle. Otherwise, the field should be good to go.
To keep up with all the park events please go to the “Lake Success Park” Facebook Page and Instagram (lakesuccesspark). These are community pages that have all our park events or you can call the Village office for more information.
Our fellow residents, who volunteer as members of your Park Commission, have again been hard at work to make the park and pool a truly magnificent facility. We have continued to keep this year’s fees extraordinarily low. Membership fees for 2019 will be $55 per person age 4 years and older, with cap of $220 per family. Residents will still be permitted to purchase daily admissions. For anyone considering using the pool or tennis courts more than once or twice during the season, we ask that you consider purchasing a seasonal membership. For seasonal members who want to bring guests, daily guest fees are $20 on the weekends/holidays and $10 weekdays or you can purchase a pre-paid guest card at a generous discount. (Daily members may not bring guests). Your guest is welcome to use the pool and tennis facility for the day.
Some important information:
1. All persons using the pool or the park facilities (including the tennis courts), must exhibit their leisure pass. I am sure that everyone understands how important this is for the safety and convenience of all of our residents. The recreational staff has been instructed to only allow those with valid ID cards and their guests to use our facilities. Your ID card must be displayed when entering the pool or requesting a tennis court. Those using the ball fields and basketball court must display their ID card if requested by a Village employee.
2. The Village happily permits “qualified” children, grandchildren, parents and grandparents of seasonal members (i.e “family members” who are listed on your application) to have access to our pool facility on weekdays without requiring that a member accompany them. Family members are required to pay the applicable guest fee. “Family members” will be required to provide picture ID confirming their identity before being permitted access. Once again, this is very important for the safety and convenience of all of our residents.
Pool: Denise Hernandez will be
returning and Jilian Weihs has been promoted as our Park Co-Directors and
have planned many events and activities designed to bring our family and
community closer together. Welcome back Denise and Jilian. Each year we look
forward to our residents’ celebrations at the pool. For those of you
planning an event at the pool, we ask that you coordinate with the
Tennis: This season our tennis players will continue to enjoy playing on three different surfaces; hard court, Har-Tru or red clay. Our Tennis Professional, Xavier Cedeno, has prepared an exciting schedule of events for our tennis players.
Special Events: The Park Commission has planned some great events this season. As has become tradition, we have scheduled 4 Movie Nights for the kids, held on the field. The first will held on Friday, June 21th. Our energetic water aerobics classes start June 23 and take place every Monday and Thursday at 5:45 pm and every Sunday at 11 am. Our now famous Labor Day Barbeque will be Sunday, September 1. There are activities planned at the pool for almost every day. Of course don’t forget about the Village Block Party on the field on July 27. This is the Village’s (G-Rated) version of Woodstock, with live music and a variety of food trucks and an all-around good time.
I would like to thank our volunteer, resident members of the Park Commission, Joe Barone from DPW and our Park Commission secretary, Dianne Morrissey, for the tireless work they put into our Park. I am personally indebted to all of them for their hard work. They all deserve our gratitude for putting together what we hope will be our best season ever at Lake Success.
It has been said that a park is the soul of a city. It is our Village facilities like our pool and park that create the extraordinary value of our neighborhood. Best of all, joining our park is the best way to build life-long friendships. For fifty-five dollars, how could you go wrong.
See you this summer!!!
2017 Halloween Party at the Field
Residents of the Village of Lake Success have a great variety of superb sports and recreational facilities available to them. The Village park located off Vanderbilt Drive, contains a swimming pool, eleven tennis courts (eight clay and three all weather), a playground, two baseball fields, and basketball, handball and volleyball courts. During the summer there is a tennis pro available for lessons at an additional cost for residents of all ages.
These facilities are regulated and administrated by the Village Park Commission which acts under authority delegated by the Village Board of Trustees. The entire facility is supported by Village tax revenues and an annual membership fee. For a small additional fee to those availing themselves of its benefits, a summer day camp program for village children, ages three to six, is operated at the park.
The Lake Success Golf Course is another of our beautiful recreation areas which has been extensively used by our residents since it was organized in 1957. It is an 18 hole facility which has enhanced the value of our homes, and has made Lake Success one of the most desirable villages on the Great Neck peninsula. The Village Golf Course has rules and regulations and fees established and enforced by the Golf Commission, with the Board of Trustees approval.